I'm not always quick to give out my secrets.
Beginning a conversation on any given topic related to fitness or health, such as what to eat to lose weight, often results in the need for a much longer explanation than time allows.
My main goal is to help people, but I know that I can't do it all at once.
It's easier for both of us if I break it down for you.
Keep up with my blog, and before you realize, you'll have a good understanding of living the healthiest and fittest life possible.
Of course, questions and blog post suggestions are always welcomed.
For now, let's start by talking about one of my fundamental supplements that I take every day:
Carnitine is a combination of two amino acids: lysine and methionine.
It can be found in food sources such as eggs, steak, chicken, and peanut butter. However, even a diet full of these foods doesn't supply enough carnitine to allow you to reap all of its many benefits.
Carnitine can also be found in stores that sell supplements, in both pill and liquid form. Here's seven reasons why you should seriously consider adding carnitine to your list of daily supplements:
1) Carnitine is commonly used for the conventional treatment of heart conditions. It reduces the need for medication and allows those with angina to exercise without discomfort.
2) Your kidneys produce carnitine naturally. Any kidney defect lessens that production, and supplementation is recommended to help make up for the deficiency.
3) Carnitine helps slow bone loss in seniors and post-menopausal women by improving bone density and strength!
4) Carnitine helps your body fight against Type II Diabetes by allowing it to use glucose more efficiently and increasing glucose oxidation and storage in the muscles.
5) Carnitine protects the brain from age- and stress-related damage, which allows it to function better, longer.
6) Carnitine serves as an antioxidant. This can help prevent against damage from free radicals, which are associated with human disease. In other words, you will have extra protection against colds and seasonal allergies!
7) Carnitine transports fatty acids to the mitochondria, where they are utilized as energy. Carnitine reduces fatigue, suppresses the appetite, and essentially tricks your body into using fat as it's first source of energy! In short, MAJOR FAT LOSS!